Speech and Language Information
Speech & Language Therapy
‘Speech Language and Communication skills play a crucial role in a child’s readiness and ability to achieve their educational potential’ (The Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists)
There is a full time Speech & Language Therapy (SLT) Team based in Rosebank School to support children with communication needs on their Education Health Care Plan (EHCP).
Our SLT service can provide the following services in Rosebank School:
- One-to-one speech and language therapy - Typically one-to-one sessions will be delivered by a Speech and Language Therapist or Assistant within or in a room away from the classroom.
- Group and whole class work – Some children will benefit from an approach to therapy and strategies that involves the whole classroom and all their teaching staff.
- Close liaison with School staff, providing training and supervision on how to support speech, language and communication needs.
- Share information with all key individuals involved in the pupil’s education.
- Work closely with children and young people and their families/carers to provide tailored support.
We are always keen to hear from you, please phone the School on 01606 74975 and leave a message for the SLT team.
For more information about CCICP Paediatric Speech & Language Therapy service: