The breadth of our curriculum is designed in order to:
- Give our pupils a curriculum founded on autism specific approaches to match the strengths, needs and interests of the pupils and to reduce barriers to learning. We ensure that each pupil’s outcomes from Education and Health Care Plans are central to their learning.
- Provide a coherent, structured curriculum based on the National Curriculum adapted to meet individual needs. Each Learning Focus is taught across the key stages to ensure that our curriculum is both rich in relevant knowledge and skills.
- Acknowledge that children progress at different rates and from different starting points as we prepare them for life beyond Rosebank.
Autism Specific Approaches
- Autism Education Trust (AET) Progression Framework ensures that emphasis is placed on this aspect of our pupil’s learning and development.
The Learning Focus follows a four year rolling programme. Opportunities are provided for the pupils to generalise their skills in different environments within school and beyond. To find out more follow the links below, highlighted in green :
- Key Stage 1 Learning Focus: KS 1 Curriculum 4 Year Overview - May 18
- Key Stage 2 Learning Focus: KS 2 Curriculum 4 Year Overview - May 18
- Maths teaching at Rosebank School: Maths Calculation
- Phonics teaching at Rosebank School: Letters & Sounds Phonics Scheme
- English teaching at Rosebank School: English Core Curriculum
The table below explains how the EHCP underpins the Rosebank Curriculum along with each aspect of learning
The Rosebank School curriculum provides a strong foundation which ensures a wide range of opportunities preparing our pupils for transition into the next stage.
Progress and success are measured in many ways for example achieving EHCP outcomes, meeting expectations for academic attainment over time, tracking progress within the AET Progression Framework, increased self-awareness and emotional understanding of self- and others.
Our curriculum ensures that the needs of individual pupil can be met within the environment of high quality autism specific teaching, supported by proven interventions where appropriate.
Long Term Plan of Curriculum Topics for Cross-Curricular Learning
|Year A 2016/17||Changes and Festivals||
People and Places
Travel and Places
Around the World
|Year B 2017/18||Me, My Family and Friends past and present||Houses and Homes including Castles||Animals and Adventures|
|Year C 2018/19||Celebrations, Colour, Shape and Light||Woods, Forests and Jungles||Growing, Food and Farming|
|Year D 2019/20||Journeys||Fantasy, Adventure and Super Heroes||Keeping Healthy and Olympics|
If you would like more information about the Rosebank School Curriculum please contact School.